Computer networks are critical parts of almost every organization. Network and computer systems administrators are responsible for the day-to-day operation of these networks. They organize, install and support an organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets and other data communication systems.
Their job duties often include a variety of assignments:
• Determine an organization’s network and computer system needs
• Install network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs
• Maintain network and computer system security
• Collect data to evaluate and optimize network or system performance
• Add users to a network and assign and update security permissions on the network
• Train users in new hardware and software
• Interpret and solve problems when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts them one exists
National Median Salary
*Figure represents national average. To view the average salary in your state visit the bureau of labor statistics.
Entry-level education requirements:
High school diploma/GED bachelor’s degree
Job outlook (2014-24):
Growing as fast as average (8 percent projected growth)*
Apply to be a Network and Computer Systems Administrator
Career College Central is the definitive voice of the career college sector of higher education. Our purpose is to be an unrelenting advocate for career colleges and the students who attend them. Career College Central wants to create a better understanding of the impact of a career education on the lives of students, the American workforce and our nation’s economy. Career College Central vows to be the ADVOCATE our students, staff and champions deserve. Join the definitive voice of the career college sector of higher education online, in print and in spirit. Together, our voice will be heard.